Dead Horse Point State Park


Weddings & Elopement Ceremonies at Dead Horse Point State Park are permitted via the special use permit process.  Multiple site options for groups of various sizes are potentially available.  Look through the Dead Horse Point Wedding Packet before contacting the park to obtain your permit.

Attention Wedding, Elopement, and Engagement Photographers: Take a look at the wedding packet before your visit to the park. While we do not currently require permits for this activity, the same rules apply for photography as for weddings and violations of these rules could necessitate a permit to be required in the future.  We need your help to avoid this change by following these simple regulations.

  • Live or cut flowers are not allowed to be brought into the Park. Plan to use artificial flowers for your ceremony.
  • Seeds, confetti, rice, or any other types of objects are not allowed to be thrown within the Park.
  • No open flames allowed.
  • Only domestic dogs are allowed at the wedding locations and all park regulations for dogs apply during all times.
  • Drone use is prohibited between March and October. November through February, they may be used by a special use permit holder. Permits are acquired at the Visitor Center.
  • Trails must be used to access the wedding / photography location.
  • Cars must be parked in the agreed upon parking area.
  • Amplified music, lighting, and decorations are not allowed in the Park.