Photo by Bret Edge Photography
A perfect location for experiencing sunrise, sunset and a bit of seclusion, the Moenkopi Yurts offer a glorious camping experience up at Dead Horse Point State Park. With sweeping views and a private spur to the Intrepid Trail System this yurt site can be your quiet spot of heaven while enjoying the Moab area.
Each yurt of the five Moenkopi yurts contain sleeping space for up to six people, in the form of a bunk bed and a pullout futon couch. An outdoor propane grill allows for cooking on site and the propane is provided by the park. Heating, air conditioning, and electrical outlets are available, and tables are available both inside and outside of the yurt. Modern restroom facilities are located within easy walking distance. Bedding is not provided.
Nightly Yurt Rate: $140.00
Check-in: 3:00 pm Check-out: 12:00 pm
Extra Vehicle Fee: $15.00 (there is a maximum of 6 persons per yurt)
Door Code: The code to your yurt will be listed on your email confirmation. If you do not get an email with the code please contact the park between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Things to Know:
- Dead Horse Point does not have a natural water source. Please conserve water while staying at the yurts. The water spigots should be used for drinking, cooking and cleaning, please do not play with the water or use it for bathing.
- Pets are not allowed within the yurts. Pets must also be attended to at all times while in the park so they can not be left in cars or leashed outside the yurts. If you would like to spend the night in the park with your furry friend, consider the Wingate or Kayenta Campgrounds.
- Fires are permitted in the established fire pits of the park; however, wood can not be gathered from the environment. Bundles of wood are sold at the Visitor Center and Entrance Station or in Moab. Bring your own camp chairs to enjoy your fire.
- Help us out by keeping your yurt clean. Please sweep the floor before you leave and cleaning spray and rags are available to wipe up any spills. Cooking must be done outside and no open flames are allowed in the yurts. Gas grills are provided for cooking use. Keep indoor furniture indoors.
- Heating and cooling units exist in each yurt. Please turn them off upon departure.
- Trash collection is costly at the park. Please consolidate and compact trash before putting it in our dumpsters or take it with you to a town.
To make a camping reservation, contact Reserve America at 1-800-322-3770, or visit www.reserveamerica.com.
* Photos by Bret Edge Photography