The Wingate Campground
New in 2018, the Wingate Campground sits atop the mesa with far reaching views to the area’s mountain ranges and deep canyons. This campground contains thirty-one (31) campsites, twenty (20) of which have electrical hookups that support RV or tent campers while eleven (11) are walk-in, tent only sites. All sites have fire-pits, picnic tables under shade shelters, and access to bathrooms with running water and dish washing sinks. RV sites will accommodate vehicles up to 56′ and there is a dump station at the entrance to the campground.
If sites are not reserved, they can be bought first come-first served at the park on the day of arrival. Advanced reservations can not be made from the park, only day of sales.
The Wingate Campground also holds four yurts. These will be open when they can be reserved on Reserve America. Visit our Wingate Yurt page for more information.
31 Sites/20 RV & Tent/11 Walk-In Tent Only/2 ADA Accessible
Nightly Campsite Rate: $35.00
Extra Vehicle Fee: $13.00 (there is a maximum of 8 persons per site)
Click here for a map of the Wingate Campground.
Things to Know
- Water is not available to fill up RV’s. The water table is too low for a well so the park must truck it up every day. The closest town to fill up at is Moab, UT.
- Pets must be leashed and attended to at all times while outdoors. Pets may not be left outside unattended. Doggy waste bags are available throughout the park.
- Fires are permitted in the established fire pits of the park; however, wood can not be gathered from the environment. Bundles of wood are sold at the Visitor Center and Entrance Station or down in Moab.
- Keep your campsites clean. While we are not in bear country, any animal that gets human food can become a nuisance animal and pose a threat to safety of self and property. Food and trash must be kept in hard sided containers or vehicles.
- Trash collection is costly at the park. Please consolidate and compact trash before putting it in our dumpsters or take it with you to a town.
- There is no trail access from this campground at the moment. Please access the trail system from official trailheads until the park can establish a trail.
To make a camping reservation, contact Reserve America at 1-800-322-3770, or visit www.reserveamerica.com.