New in 2018, the Wingate Campground sits atop the mesa with far-reaching views of the area’s mountain ranges and deep canyons. This campground contains thirty-one (31) campsites, twenty (20) of which have electrical hookups that support RV or tent campers while eleven (11) are hike-in tent-only sites. All sites have fire-pits, picnic tables under shade shelters, and access to bathrooms with running water and dishwashing sinks. RV sites will accommodate vehicles up to 56′ and there is a dump station at the entrance to the campground.
If sites are not reserved, they can be bought first-come-first-served at the park on the day of arrival. Advanced reservations can not be made from the park.
The Wingate Campground also holds four yurts. Visit our Wingate Yurt page for more information.
31 Sites/20 RV & Tent/11 Hike-In Tent Only/2 are ADA Accessible
RV Campsites: $50.00 (March – October) & $40.00 (November – February)
Hike-In Tent Only Campsites: $40.00 (March – October) & $35.00 (November). These sites are closed from December through mid-February.
Extra Vehicle Fee: $15.00 (there is a maximum of 8 persons per site)
Check-in: 3:00pm Check-out: 12:00pm
Click here for a map of the Wingate Campground.
Things to Know
- Water is not available to fill up RV’s. The water table is too low for a well so the park must truck it up every day. The closest town to fill up at is Moab, UT.
- Pets must be leashed and attended to at all times while outdoors. Pets may not be left outside unattended. Doggy waste bags are available throughout the park.
- Fires are permitted in the established fire pits of the park; however, wood can not be gathered from the environment. Bundles of wood are sold at the Visitor Center and Entrance Station or in Moab.
- Keep your campsites clean. While we are not in bear country, any animal that gets human food can become a nuisance animal and pose a threat to the safety of self and property. Food and trash must be kept in hard-sided containers or vehicles.
- Trash collection is costly at the park. Please consolidate and compact trash before putting it in our dumpsters or take it with you to a town.
- There is access to the West Rim Trail that can be accessed next to Yurt #9 and there is a trail by Yurt #6 that will connect hikers to the Kayenta Campground and a path to the Visitor Center.
- All campsites in the park require a reservation.
- We do not have a gate that closes at 10:00 pm like some parks, but quiet hours are maintained from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
To make a camping reservation, contact Reserve America at 1-800-322-3770, or visit www.reserveamerica.com.