2021 Roundup Range Ride Information and Registration
Range Ride information only. For spectator information, click here.
There are a few significant changes for 2021. Please read information carefully.
Registration is now open.
Registration is now full. However, if there are cancellations, those spots will open up again. So check back often.
Registration closes and no refunds after October 6, 2021.
- This event is for those 18 years old and older. No one under 18 may register or be in camp.
Saturday October 30, 2021 (date change) will be the main push to move bison from the southern portion of the island to the handling facilities on the north end of the island.
Event registration fee is $65.00 per person. Registration is required for ALL Roundup participants. This includes riders and non-riding partners, spouses, people shuttling trailers, etc. The registration fee includes access to roundup, the roundup range ride, camping, souvenir bandanna, and the chili dinner on Saturday evening. Tickets are non-transferrable. This event is for those 18 years old and older (no one under 18 may register or be in camp).
Cancellations made on or before October 6, 2021 will be issued a full refund. Refunds will be made by crediting the same credit card as original purchase. No refunds will be given after October 6, 2021. To request a refund, reach out directly to ParksPass here.
Event Tickets and Waivers:
Registration confirmation must be available for each registration (printed or virtual). Participants will not be admitted to the event without proper registration and photo ID matching the name on your registration. Event waivers will be signed upon registration. No physical copy is necessary.
Event registration includes camping for up to 3 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). There are no additional fees for camping. Camping is not required, however, for those wishing to camp at Fielding Garr Ranch (Roundup start location), you may begin checking in starting on Thursday, October 28, 2021 at noon. All campers must vacate the ranch by noon on Sunday. No one under 18 may register or be in camp.
Please note that the park gate closes at 8:00 p.m. There is no entry to the park after 8:00 pm. The park will re-open at 6:00 a.m. the next morning.
Thursday, October 28, 2021
12:00 p.m. Registration and Camping Check-in begins
8:00 p.m. Park’s entrance gate closes
Friday, October 29, 2021
8:00 a.m. Registration and Camping Check-in begins
8:00 p.m. Park’s entrance gate closes
Saturday, October 30, 2021
6:00 a.m. Park’s entrance gate opens.
6:00 a.m. Registration Check-in. *Note: it will take approximately 20 minutes to reach the ranch after check-in. Please arrive as early as possible.
8:00 a.m. East side road to the Ranch closed to all trailers. You must be through check-in no later than 8:00 am.
8:30 a.m. Mandatory range ride orientation at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend this meeting in order to ride.
9:00 a.m. Range ride begins.
5:00-7:00 p.m. Chili dinner hosted by Friends of Antelope Island (at Fielding Garr Ranch barn).
8:00 p.m. Park’s entrance gate closes.
Other Important Information:
- Registration closes when full or October 6, 2021, whichever comes first. If not registered by that date, you will not be allowed to participate in the range ride. No exceptions. This includes non-riding partners, spouses, people shuttling trailers, etc.
- You must provide your own horse to participate in the range ride.
- Must be 18 years old to register.
- No dogs will be allowed on the trail; dogs must be leashed in camp.
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only. No vehicles or equipment allowed in the wetland areas.
- Any fire restrictions in place at the time of the roundup will be enforced.
- Cultural resources on Antelope Island are protected and must not be removed.
- By order of the Davis County Sheriff, no alcohol will be consumed prior to, or on the trail. Violators will be asked to leave the island and may be issued a citation.
- Roundup memorabilia will be available for purchase at the ranch.
- Weed-free hay is recommended.
Chili Dinner Hosted by Friends of Antelope Island:
The Friends of Antelope Island, a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience on the Island, will host a dinner on Saturday October 30, 2021 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free, donations are gratefully accepted.
For questions, contact email@example.com