Antelope Island State Park – 33rd Annual Bison Roundup
This information pertains to those registered to ride in the roundup. For spectator information, please hover over the Events Tab, then click on 2019 Bison Roundup.
Please read information carefully.
Registration is closed.
Registered riders can reserve camping upon arrival.
Saturday October 26, 2019 will be the main push to move bison from the southern portion of the island to the handling facilities on the north end of the island.
Rider registration fee is $50 per person. The registration fee includes the roundup range ride, souvenir bandanna, and the chili dinner on Saturday evening.
Cancellations made on or before October 7, 2019 will be issued a full refund. Refunds will be made by crediting the same credit card as original purchase. No refunds will be given after October 7, 2019. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Tickets and Waivers:
Event tickets and waivers will be mailed to participants. Participants will not be admitted to the event without tickets. Each registered rider must read and sign the 2019 Bison Roundup Waiver. Bring the signed waiver with you to the roundup.
For those wishing to camp at Fielding Garr Ranch, you may register upon arrival beginning Thursday, October 24, 2019 starting at noon. The overnight camping fee is $40 per vehicle. A truck and camper is one vehicle; a truck and horse trailer is another vehicle. Each would require a separate camp fee. This fee pays for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. All campers must vacate the ranch by noon on Sunday.
Please note that park gate closes at 10:00 p.m. There is no entry to the park after 10:00 pm. The park will re-open at 6:00 a.m. the next morning.
Agenda for Saturday October 26, 2019
6:00 a.m. Park’s entrance gate opens.
6:00-7:30 a.m. Check in.
8:00 a.m. Mandatory range ride orientation at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend this meeting in order to ride.
9:00 a.m. Range ride begins.
5:00-7:00 p.m. Chili dinner hosted by Friends of Antelope Island (at Fielding Garr Ranch barn).
10:00 p.m. Park’s entrance gate closes.
Other Important Information:
- Registration closes October 7, 2019, or when full. If not registered by that date, you will not be allowed to participate in the range ride. No exceptions.
- You must provide your own horse to participate in the range ride.
- Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- No dogs will be allowed on the trail; dogs must be leashed in camp.
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only. No vehicles or equipment allowed in the wetland areas.
- Any fire restrictions in place at the time of the roundup will be enforced.
- Cultural resources on Antelope Island are protected and must not be removed.
- By order of the Davis County Sheriff, no alcohol will be consumed prior to, or on the trail. Violators will be asked to leave the island and may be issued a citation.
- Roundup memorabilia will be available for purchase at the ranch.
- Weed-free hay is recommended.
Chili Dinner Hosted by Friends of Antelope Island:
The Friends of Antelope Island, a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the visitors’ experience on the Island, will host a dinner on Saturday October 26, 2019 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Fielding Garr Ranch barn. Although the dinner is free, donations are gratefully accepted. For information on the Friends of Antelope Island, visit friendsofantelopeisland.com or contact Neka Roundy at (801) 451-3286.
For questions, contact email@example.com