Facilities FAQs Volunteer
We need you! Individuals, couples, and families with children of all ages, as well as service groups and clubs, are needed for worthwhile and fun projects. Whether you can spend a few minutes, hours, days, or months, a volunteer assignment can be tailored to meet your interests.
Current Volunteer Needs
Camp Hosts: Positions have been filled for the Season.
Camp Workers: Positions have been filled for the Season.
Months Needed: May – September
Job Description – Camp Host
Job Description – Camp Worker
Job Description – RC Camp Host
Job Description – Vol Park Patrol
Job Description – Naturalist
Adopt a Park:
- Areas Available
- Boat Ramp and Marina — Adopted by Marine Products
- Boardwalks at Rock Cliff –Adopted by The Evans Family
- 3 Rocks Trail at Rock Cliff –Adopted by The Evans Family
- Sections of the Perimeter Trail
- Ross Creek Trailhead
- Rock Cliff Boat Ramp and Trailhead –Adopted by The Evans Family
- PWC Ramp
- Keetley Hike-in Campground
- Hailstone Playgrounds
- Hailstone Cabins
- Adopt A Park Agreement
- Many projects are available. Please call the park to discuss service projects.
- Possible projects include the following:
- Trash cleanup around the shoreline and throughout the park.
- Perimeter Trail tread work. 2 miles of trail was recently cut and the edges need to be smoothed out.
- Stain boardwalk at Rock Cliff.
- Weed control.
- We have a cooperative weed spray day at Rock Cliff and the Perimeter Trail in July. This is a great opportunity for Dedicated Hunters and other adults to volunteer with a great group of people.
- Tamarisk (salt cedar) along the beaches at Hailstone need to be cut down at ground level and trunks treated with Roundup.
- Cut down Phragmites near the shoreline (late summer and need a boat).
- Paint entire vault restroom at Rock Cliff. Paint inside vault restroom at Ross Creek Trailhead.
- Replace wooden railed garbage can holders at Hailstone with new ones (we have them) and stain the railing on them. About 8 – 10 of them.
- Build campground games for guests to check out during their stay. We have the designs and instructions. Examples include bean bag toss, full-size Jenga, and more.
- Stain main docks at Marina (October only).
- Install flag on or near main docks for boaters (come up with design ideas).
- Trim back hike-in trail into Keetley.
- Create photo op for Fire on the Water (where people can put their faces in). Should be summer or water related.
- Install aftermarket shields on light fixtures on lease docks to be Dark Sky compliant.
- Install aftermarket shields on light fixtures throughout the park to be Dark Sky compliant.
Want more information or interested in Volunteering?
Contact Jordanelle State Park directly at 435-649-9540. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, download the following application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to SR 319 Building 515 Box 4, Heber City, Utah 84032.
- Volunteer Profile This is a PDF document, please fill out, click Save as.. and add your name to the file name before returning by email.
Your Volunteer Profile will be reviewed and a Jordanelle employee will contact you with possible opportunities.
Learn about other Volunteer opportunities…