Seasonal Employment Opportunities
A seasonal park staff member plays a crucial role in supporting the operations, maintenance, and visitor services within a park or recreational area during peak seasons. Here’s an outline of a typical seasonal park staff job description:
This position involves leadership, organization, and a commitment to upholding the high standards of service that define East Canyon as a premier recreation destination. Joining as a Ranger Lead offers a unique opportunity to take on a more significant role in the management of recreational facilities and activities, fostering a positive and engaging experience for both visitors and staff.
Time Frame: May – September
Residence: Housing may be available
- Visitor Services:
- Greet visitors, provide information, and assist with park orientation.
- Answer inquiries about park facilities, trails, and recreational activities.
- Conducting monetary transactions and assist in registering campers.
- Ensure visitor safety and compliance with park rules and regulations.
- Maintenance and Operations:
- Assist in maintaining park facilities, including trails, picnic areas, and restrooms.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as landscaping, cleaning, and repairing park amenities.
- Assist with setting up and dismantling equipment for events or programs.
- Recreational Support:
- Aid in organizing and facilitating recreational activities or programs for park visitors.
- Assist in rental services for equipment such as paddleboards, boats, or jet skis.
- Customer Service and Outreach:
- Interact with visitors in a friendly and informative manner, promoting a positive park experience.
- Contribute to educational programs or outreach events aimed at promoting environmental stewardship and park appreciation.
- Experience: Prior experience in customer service, maintenance, or outdoor recreation is advantageous.
- Skills: Good communication & interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team or independently, basic knowledge of park operations, and willingness to learn. Basic computer skills for recording toll transactions.
- Environment: Work primarily takes place outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Schedule: Seasonal staff often work irregular hours, including weekends, holidays, and evenings, based on park needs and visitor traffic.
- Seasonal staff positions might vary in their specific duties depending on the position assignment.
- Training will be provided to familiarize seasonal staff with park policies, safety procedures, and specific job responsibilities.
- DNR complies with the ADA. Hearing impaired employees who wish further information regarding this announcement may call DNRTIY number at 801-538-7458. Disabled employees who desire reasonable accommodation in the interview process should contact the DNR Humane Resource Office at 801-583-7210.