Learn more about other Utah State Parks boat ramp conditions HERE.
ICE IS NEVER 100% SAFE! Do not judge ice safety on thickness alone. Ice does not form or maintain a uniform thickness. Snow, wind, slush, temperature, and other factors can cause ice thickness and strength to vary greatly, even within inches. Recreate on the ice at your own risk and verify ice thickness as you head out.
Click here to learn more ice safety tips.
Surface / Ice Conditions: The Knight Hollow area has between 5-7 inches of ice thickness. everywhere else on the reservoir is under 1 inch ice thickness or has open water.
Launch Ramp: closed due to Ice
Campground: Open, See “other information” below for details on specific campgrounds.
Water Level: 76%
Fishing Conditions: Rainbow trout is (good). All other species is (slow)
Additional Fishing Info:
- To see Starvation’s “fishing” page click here
- To see Utah State Park’s “fishing” page click here
- To view the Utah DWR’s fishing app click here.
- Please keep your limit of small walleye under 15 inches. See our “fishing” page for more information.
- If you catch any crappie, please voluntarily release them so we can get a population built.
Reservations: Reservations can be made 120 days in advance for regular campgrounds, cabins, cabanas, and boat slips and 1 year in advance for the group areas. You can’t make reservations for the off-season dates (Oct 2 to May 14th) except for the cabins that can be reserved all year. You can’t make reservations in Juniper Point, part of Rabbit Gulch and Knight Hollow Campgrounds.
Boat Slips are out of the reservoir
- Mountain View Campground is opened, camp fee is 18$ partial hook-ups, 18$ full hook-ups (Water is OFF)
- Beach Campground is opened, camp fee is $18 for all sites (Water is OFF)
- The cabins are open year round and can be reserved year round. (Water is OFF)
- The fish cleaning station is closed and the dump station is opened. (Water is OFF)
- All primitive campgrounds are open year round. Indian Bay and Rabbit Gulch are $15 per vehicle per night and Juniper and Knight Hollow are $15 per night.
- The Group Area is opened. It is $150 per night for 50 people. Additional people are charged $3 per person at the gate. Reservation can be made up to 1 year in advance.
- The group areas at Indian Bay and Rabbit Gulch are open. The cost is $90 per night which pays for the first 25 people. If you have over 25 people you will pay $2 for each additional person per night. Reservation can be made 1 year in advance.
- Showers are off
Last Updated: January 3, 2022
The Central Utah Water Conservancy District maintains a website with up-to-date reservoir status information. Click on the tab below if this interests you
CUWCD RESERVOIR STATUS