Please check below for some virtual educational resources.
A park interpreter is available year-round to assist in planning a field trip to Snow Canyon. Teachers may choose to develop and present their own lessons or request the services of the Naturalist(s) for programs and activities. Ranger-guided programs are available Tuesday through Friday. Programs can be tailored to enhance core curriculum studies.
The visitation policy applies to all teachers interested in scheduling a field trip to Snow Canyon:
1) Both educational and recreational visits must be scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance. Visits occurring from April through the end of May should be scheduled at least one month in advance.
2) All school groups are required to schedule their visit, regardless of the nature of the visit and whether or not the services of the Naturalist(s) will be utilized. To schedule a visit or request information on fees or programs, contact Phenix Johnson at email@example.com.
3) Preferred visitation dates may not be available. When making a reservation, teachers should have three visitation dates prepared.
4) Teachers will receive a visitation reminder approximately two weeks prior to their scheduled visit. Unscheduled groups arriving at the park are not guaranteed use of park facilities.
5) A list of programs is available on request.
Rocky Rendezvous – 2nd Grade Program
Tag along with one of our Park Naturalists to learn more about Snow Canyon State Park.
Our backyard in Southern Utah is considered one of the most unique landscapes in the world – the desert. Sandstone is the foundation of many types of desert landforms, such as arches, plateaus, and sand dunes. Once you can learn to interpret the natural forces that shape these landforms, you will be able to better appreciate this dry landscape, even down to the rocks.
Download the Rocky Rondezvous 2nd Grade Program Worksheet