Learn more about other Utah State Parks boat ramp conditions HERE.
NOTICE: Quail Creek State Park is currently open to EVERYONE. Visit the Utah State Parks COVID-19 webpage for updated information.
Launch Ramp: Conditions at main ramp are good. The south boat ramp is closed. Boat ramp is closed during certain hours of the season; see boat ramp hours for more information.
- Be careful within 150 feet of shore line for submerged trees around reservoir.
Campground: Reservations are always recommended. No more than two vehicles per site no exceptions. The campground can not accommodate multiple camping units per site. Potable water is provided in different areas within the campground. To make a camping reservation please call 1-800-322-3770.
Fires: Fires are allowed in designated campfire rings. Charcoal and wood are okay to use.
Water Level: Good
Fishing Conditions: http://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/ In the morning and evenings, all fish are more active. When the water is calm and clear, and the sun is on the lower horizon, Trout and Bass are more active. Blue Gills hit throughout the day sitting in the shade and cover. Trout, in the warmer hours are sitting around 40 feet deep and/or in cover. Fish are enjoying power bait and worms.
Quagga: All out-of-state boats will be inspected before launching. Boats requiring decontamination must go to Sand Hollow State Park or the Port of Entry. All ski/wake boats must have drained and dry tanks/bags. 30-day dry time or decontamination wash for ALL ski/wake boats with ballast tanks/bags or inboard motors. When traveling from one lake to another, please be sure to pull your drain plug. This is a cite-able offense and at Quail Creek State Park, we take this very seriously.
Road Conditions: Great
Boats: Remember to check your boat registration and bow numbers before bringing your boat out. Be sure to have all the necessary safety equipment to avoid a citation.
- Check out paddle boarding at Quail Creek. http://digpaddlesports.com/ or call 435-467-9988. Rent paddle boards, kayaks, water carpets, and so much more right on site.
- Want to try a Jetski? Mad Moose Concessionaire has you covered. To make a reservation call 435-200-9399.
- Annual pass fees were increased in January 2021.
- We have relocated on our entrance booth, it is farther south from the old location.
- Pay by envelope at iron-ranger when gate is unattended during winter hours.
Ice is Never 100% Safe! — Do not judge ice safety on thickness alone. Ice does not form or maintain a uniform thickness. Snow, wind, slush, temperature, and other factors can cause ice thickness and strength to vary greatly, even within inches. Recreate on the ice at your own risk and verify ice thickness as you head out. Click here to learn more ice safety tips.
Last Updated: 11-29-2021