ROAD CONSTRUCTION JANUARY 3 – JANUARY 31, 2017
Snow Canyon State Park is launching a road improvement project on January 3, 2017 – please see the attached press release for more information: SCSP Road Improvement Project
UPDATED ROAD IMPACTS
Effective 7a.m. Friday, January 6, 2017 through January 31, 2017:
- Monday through Friday, 7a.m. to 5:30p.m.: Snow Canyon Drive from the Upper Galoot parking lot to SR-18 will be closed to all thru traffic (including walkers and cyclists). Visitors should enter the park through the south entrance.
- Monday through Friday, evening and overnight hours: Traffic will be reduced to one lane and controlled by traffic lights from the Upper Galoot parking lot to SR-18
- Weekends: All lanes through the canyon will be open.
- Both the Petrified Dunes and Lava Flow parking lots will be closed. The Upper Galoot and SR-18 parking lots will remain open.
- Beginning January 9 (weather permitting) there will be sections of one-way traffic in the lower canyon (Monday through Friday) as a 1/2 inch leveling course of asphalt is laid. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers.
- The Snow Canyon Overlook will be closed.
Motorists wishing to avoid closures or delays should use SR-18 and Snow Canyon Parkway as alternate routes.
For current closures or impacts phone 435-628-2255.