We are excited to hold an ice fishing event this year! See below for details.
2020 Steinaker State Park Tagged Fish Outing
Bring your friends, bring your family, bring a stranger! The Steinaker tagged fish outing will take place from Jan. 11 until Feb. 7 at 4 p.m. at Steinaker State Park in Uintah County. Only 50 trout will be tagged, and anglers have the option of keeping the fish or releasing them. If you choose to release your fish, simply clip the the tag from the fish. All tags must be turned in to the DWR office at 318 N. Vernal Ave., during normal business hours. The prize giveaway will occur at the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum on Feb. 7 at 6 p.m.
Registration fees are $20 for adults 17 and older and $15 for youth 16 and younger.
Register for the event by using this link:
Steinaker State Park Tagged Fish Outing Rules
- Only trout will be tagged for this tournament
- Only tags florescent green in color and with the number sequence from Steinaker tagging are eligible for prizes
- Registration will take place via online registration, proof of online registration must be provided to be entered for the prize drawing.
- Use the link above to register for the event
- All tags must be turned in to the DWR office at 318 N. Vernal Ave., during normal business hours to qualify for prize drawing
- All rules of the fishing proclamation will be followed
- All waterway laws will be obeyed
- Courtesy, sportsmanship and conservation must be displayed at all times
- Participants may register for the event after catching a tagged fish, but must do so before 4:00 pm on February 7, 2020
- Multiple tags can be turned in per contestant
- All fish caught and released must be done so unharmed
- Tags must be clipped from the fish. Tags must not be “pulled” out of the fish, unless the fish is being kept as part of your limit
- If any caught fish are stressed they are to be kept as part of your limit
- Tournament will start January 11, 2020 @ 12:01 am and run until February 7, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
- Tags will not be accepted until January 11, 2020
- Any tagged fish caught prior to January 11, 2020 at 12:01 am must be immediately released
- For fishing rules methods and other information refer to the 2020 fishing proclamation
- Any cheating or violation of rules will result in disqualification
Registration Fees: $20 for Adults (18 and older)
$15 for Youth (17 and younger)
Prize giveaway will occur at the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum on Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. Prizes will be awarded through a drawing system using tag numbers.
Find more contest details contact the Steinaker State Park office at 1-435-789-4432. Leave a message if no one answers and we will get back to you as soon as possible.