We need you! Individuals, couples, and families with children of all ages, as well as service groups and clubs are needed for worthwhile and fun projects. Whether you can spend a few minutes, hours, days, or months, a volunteer assignment can be tailored to meet your interests.
Current Host Needs:
Hosts: 1-2 Museum Hosts/2 Available
Months Needed: March – December
Adopt a Park:
- Story Time – Volunteer reads selected story to children and helps with activity.
- Outdoor Maintenance – Removing weeds, clean and maintain outdoor park exhibits.
- Wagon Overhauls – Detailing each wagon, including greasing the axles and treating the wood and leather.
- School House – Volunteer teacher would teach Deseret Alphabet talk about School teachers and classroom differences.
- Carpentry Shop – Volunteer would demonstrate historic woodworking tools, and give hands on opportunities to visitors.
- Old Iron Town Improvements – Includes weed removal, trail maintenance, and brush disposal
- Pioneer Garden – Volunteer would talk about frontier gardening and crops.
- Living History Demonstrator – Volunteer would interact with visitors, providing demonstrations of traditional skills and crafts.
- Special Events – Volunteers are needed to assist with major special events such as Sheep to Shawl, Archaeology Day, the Livestock Festival, Iron Mission Days, and Christmas at the Homestead.
- School Groups – Volunteers help conduct pioneer activities with school groups at the school or at the Museum. There are a wide variety of activities that are easy to learn and teach others.
Send volunteer inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about other Volunteer opportunities…