The October Quarterly FIG is now CLOSED!
The December quarter opens on December 1st at 9:00 AM.
The State OHV Fiscal Incentive Grant (FIG) is a quarterly grant. It is open to city, county, and federal agencies – as well as non-profit organizations. Provides assistance to sustain, enhance, and improve upon motorized recreation within Utah.
The Quarterly FIG currently has no limit, but proposals tend to range from $20-120k. Each applicant must offer matching funds, and projects that offer more match (such as 50% of the total project cost) will be more competitive.
The Fiscal Incentive Grant can fund a wide range of projects as they benefit OHV recreation. Projects should fit in one or more of the following categories:
- All FIG funds may be spent on the construction, improvement, operation, acquisition, or maintenance of publicly-owned or administered OHV facilities (including infrastructure). This trail work may include; the development and rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities, the purchase and lease of trail construction and maintenance equipment, the acquisition of property for trails/trailheads, and the assessment of trail conditions for accessibility and maintenance.
- FIG funds may be spent on access protection such as the participation in federal travel-planning processes by OHV organizations, the State of Utah, and its subsidiaries.
- FIG funds may be spent on search and rescue (SAR), such as the goods and services that SAR teams need for an effective response to OHV-related incidences.
- FIG funds may be spent on tourism, such as the promotion and administration of OHV related events and/or facilities.
- FIG funds may be spent on education, such as the development and dissemination of publications as well as the operation of educational programs that promote safety, courtesy, and resource conservation related to OHV trails (including non-law enforcement trail safety and trail-use monitoring patrol programs).
- FIG funds may be spent on other uses that further OHV policy directly related under Title 41, Chapter 22, Section 1: “It is the policy of this state to promote safety and protection for persons, property, and the environment connected with the use, operation, and equipment of off-highway vehicles, to promote uniformity of laws, to adopt and pursue a safety education program, and to develop trails and other facilities for the use of these vehicles.”
[These percentages are based upon an aggregate total of the funding available.]
Application & Evaluation Form
Please be aware this application is updated after every quarter. Please use the most up-to-date version of the application when applying.
Quarterly FIG Application (fillable, please download and fill out) — .pdf
Quarterly FIG Application (printable, document locked) — .doc
Buget Form 2 Pages — .pdf
Additional Description Page — .pdf
Quarterly FIG Evaluation Form — .xlsx
Quarterly FIG Evaluation Form — .doc
Submitted applications will be reviewed and evaluated by Utah’s Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Council (OHVAC), which consists of a committee of appointed volunteers across the state of Utah. Once the Council has reviewed the applications, their recommendations will be vetted through the Outdoor Adventure Commission for final review before awarding applicants. The OHV Program’s staff supports the work of the committee but has no direct input on grant-making decisions.
Notification will go out 6-8 weeks after the grant closing date. This may vary depending on the time of year. Funding will begin once a Fiscal Assistance Agreement (contract) is in place with the Utah Division of Recreation.
Please visit our FAQ page for more information on this grant.
If project managers have questions please contact Rachel Toker, State OHV Grant Administrator, at (385) 303-1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in having your application reviewed by OHV staff before the closeout date?
Our State OHV Grant Administrator, email@example.com is willing to review applications no later than 5 p.m. one week before the closing date. Applications are due on the 15th of the following months; July, October, January, and April.
Please make sure to not sign the fillable application when submitting it for review. Once the application is signed, changes cannot be made to a fillable PDF.