Boating Access Grant (BA)
- Launching and docking
– Ramps, courtesy docks, boat lifts, breakwaters, docks and marinas, access roads, bridges
– Restrooms, fish cleaning stations, trash receptacles, lighting, park areas, pump-out stations, camping areas
- Navigation aids
– Dredging, weed control, buoys, water rights
– Planning, construction, environmental assessments, permitting
– Signage, brochures, maps, websites
- Operation and maintenance
– Launching and docking, facilities, navigation aids, engineering, outreach
- AIS related projects
– On-site permanent and semi-permanent decontamination stations, clean/drain/dry areas, signage and other outreach media.
Grant Award Process
Submitted BA applications will be reviewed by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources Aquatics Program, the Utah Division of Outdoor Recreation Boating Program, and the Boating Advisory Council. Applications submitted will be for funding from July 1 – June 30, of the following fiscal year.
Proposals will be reviewed during the months of December and January. Applicants may be contacted to clarify the details and merits of their proposal. Applicants may also be requested to present in person or arrange an on-site tour of the proposed project to Advisory Council members.
In preparation for submitting an application, project proponents are encouraged to contact Craig Walker with the Division of Wildlife Resources at 385-834-1970 or via email at email@example.com for guidance and to discuss project details.
Applications are due and must be in the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources office on or before 5:00 p.m. on October 30, each year. Late proposals will not be accepted.