Off-Highway Vehicles

Non-Resident OHV Permits

Check the status of your state

This out-of-state permit costs $30 and is good for 12 months from the time of purchase. If you order the permit online, there is an additional $5 charge.

If you’d rather pick one up in person, please visit one of our vendors to purchase one face-to-face.

NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the other 49 states. 

Remember to bring:

  • Proof of residency: driver’s license or other state-issued identification.
  • Proof of ownership: title or current registration or bill of sale.

Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-resident fees.

The Non-resident permit funds go directly back into our motorized recreational sport.  The permits fees are directed toward trail construction, trail improvements, trail maintenance, OHV education, OHV facility development, and enforcement.

Check the status of your state here!

To obtain a non-resident permit, you must provide proof of out-of-state residency and that the OHV is not owned by a Utah resident. Revenues generated from non-resident OHV user fees are dedicated to construction, improvement, operation, and maintenance of OHV trails throughout Utah.

Order Your Non-Resident Permits Here
Find a Vendor Pick-Up Location