Off-Highway Vehicles

In-State Registration

If you are a Utah resident, you can obtain your OHV registration from the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles.

Your OHV registration fees go directly back into the sport. Of the $35 collected from each registration ($22 collected for snowmobiles), $25.50 is dedicated to the improvement of both summer and winter OHV opportunities; $2 is used for safety and responsible riding education; $4.00 goes to the Division of Motor Vehicles; $1.50 to school trust lands; $1 goes to electronic transaction fees; and $1.00 goes to the Utah Highway Patrol Aero Bureau.

Registration decals must be mounted in a visible location as follows:

  • Motorcycles – on the left fork.
  • Snowmobiles – on the left side of the hood, pan or tunnel.
  • All other off OHVs – On the rear of the vehicle.

Owners of OHVs used only for agricultural purposes may apply for an “implement of husbandry” sticker instead of registration decals. However, if the machine is used for recreation on public lands or roads, it must also be registered for that purpose.

Register Your In-State OHV With The DMV


Off-highway vehicles owned by an off-highway vehicle manufacturer and being operated exclusively for the purpose of an off-highway vehicle manufacturer-sponsored event; provided that the operator of the vehicle has in his or her possession a letter or certificate issued by the manufacturer which contains the following information:

(1) The name, address and contact information of the off-highway vehicle manufacturer; and

(2) A physical description of the vehicle, including the vehicle identification number or another number assigned by the manufacturer for identification purposes; and

(3) A brief description of the manufacturer-sponsored event, including the dates thereof; and

(4) The name of the authorized operator(s) and

(5) An authorized signature of a manufacturer’s representative.