Outfitting Company Registration and Information
Walk-ins by appointment only.
Outfitting Company Registration and Business Registration In Two Steps:
1) First order of business, please complete the form for your Outfitting Company Registration.
2) Second order of business, the link provided will give you the necessary steps for proper Business Registration online.
The Importance of Vessel Inspection
– The Utah boating Act requires Utah Division of Parks and Recreation to ensure the safety of vessels and persons on the water
– Boats can be less forgiving than land-based travel. All other modes of transportation who carry passengers for hire have inspection programs.
– Vessel Inspection programs are the reasonable solution to ensure public safety.
– Benefits for Outfitting Companies: Our goal is to work together with outfitting companies to provide the public with safe and meaningful experiences on Utah’s waterways.
Outfitting Companies & Required Annual Inspection Program
– All outfitting companies will need to have an annual ‘self-inspection’ program to ensure the vessel’s safety.
– Outfitting companies with larger, motorized vessels will also need to participate in a five-year inspection program performed by a trained inspector representing Utah State Parks.
– Not all vessels are the same; therefore, not all inspections are the same. Vessels are only inspected for the systems, structure, and equipment associated with that particular vessels.
Vessel Inspection Forms
- Dry Dock (5 Year) Inspection Checklist
- Annual Inspection Checklist
- Required Equipment – Safety Items (Daily) Inspection Checklist
Need more information?
Please contact the boating program staff at 801-538-7361 or at email@example.com.