Carrying Passengers for Hire
Walk-ins by appointment only.
People or Businesses who Carry Passengers for Hire:
Utah has additional requirements here that you need to know!
What are some specific examples of Carrying Passengers for Hire?
- Lake or river fishing guide, operating a service from a boat.
- A whitewater river rafting guide.
- Wakeboard school instructor, with operation service from a motorboat.
Carrying Passengers for Hire is defined as, “to transport persons on vessels (boats) or to lead persons on vessels for consideration.” Consideration is defined as, “something of value is given or done in exchange for something given or done by another.”
The Application Process
Full Steam Ahead!
License to Save Time
– The entire licensing and permitting process does NOT require you to appear physically at a Division office.
– The Process: Complete the application and have the information verified by your employing outfitter company. Then fax, email, or mail the application.
– Any required tests: Complete these tests, if any, at a local college or university testing center.
Cool your jets!
Please allow up to five business days for us to process your application for a Utah Captain/Guide License or Boat Crew Permit. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant/outfitter.
Utah Captains/Guide License and Boat Crew Permit Application & Testing Process
- Utah Carrying Passengers for Hire License Application
- Online Application and Testing Instructions
- Captain / Guide License Test Center Locations 2017
- Accepted First Aid Courses
- Carrying Passengers for Hire Guidebook
- Carrying Passengers for Hire Study Guide 2018
- ROW Club Study Guide 2018
Need More Information?
Please call us at 801-538-7361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.