Boat Dealer Information

Walk-ins by appointment only.

1. A Dealer Must Register With the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation: 

  • If they are demonstrating, servicing, or testing a motorboat or sailboat.
  • *This is similar to a “dealer plate” for an automobile. 
  • Download the application HERE.

2. A Dealer Must Purchase Temporary Registration Through the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles: 

  • If the dealer is going to register the motorboat or sailboat FOR the buyer.

3. A Dealer Must Register with the Motor Vehicles Enforcement Division: 

  • If they are selling boat trailers that are 750lbs. or greater.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at: