Utah State Parks Time Traveler Selfie Contest Rules
Contestants may enter by submitting a selfie of themselves as time travelers at participating Utah State Parks Time Travel Portals (i.e. our Heritage Parks and Areas listed below) and posting it on Utah State Parks official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/utahstateparks/
from May 1, 2016
, through June 30, 2016
. Entries submitted after June 30, 2016
, will not be eligible for the contest. Vetted photos will be moved into the dedicated Utah State Parks Time Travelers Album by Parks Staff and will be able to be viewed by and to inspire the general public. Submissions may also be shared on Utah State Parks website and on the web and Facebook pages of participating Time Travel Portal (i.e. Heritage Parks and Areas listed below).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only one Time Traveler Selfie per individual, family or group will be accepted per each participating Time Travel Portal (i.e. Heritage Parks and Areas listed below) so choose your best shot. We encourage you to make a submission for ALL Time Travel Portals listed below.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The staff of each participating Utah State Park Time Travel Portal (i.e. Heritage Parks and Areas listed below) will pick their favorite selfie from the Time Travelers who visited their site. All decisions of the judges are final. There will be one first place winner chosen for each participating area.
4. PRIZES: First Place Winners will receive a One Year’s Pass to Utah State Parks.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant Utah State Parks permission to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Utah State Parks the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
b. Utah State Parks is under no obligation to use or post any Submission.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Utah State Parks. Utah State Parks reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Utah State Parks and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Utah State Parks, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Utah State Parks is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected submissions nor for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Utah State Parks may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Utah from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be released to the media and posted on Utah State Parks website, official Facebook page–as well as the individual Facebook pages of participating Time Travel Portal (i.e. Heritage Parks and Areas listed below).
12. List of Participating Time Travel Portal (i.e. Heritage Parks and Areas):