You can make a difference!
Are you looking for a fun way to get involved, or get your group involved, in your local community? If so, our Adopt-A-Park program might be for you.
View Adopt-A-Park Availability!
Special thanks to those who are already making a difference.
What is Adopt-A-Park?
Our Adopt-A-Park program allows an individual, family or group to help preserve and maintain our state parks. You can adopt an entire park or a portion of a park, such as a trail, group area, or campground. Your efforts help to keep parks clean for all to enjoy. In return, we’ll post a sign recognizing your your efforts. All we ask is a one-year commitment
How Adopt-A-Park Works:
You, your family or group provide muscle and motivation:
- Determine which park or park parcel you’d like to adopt
- Sign an Adopt-A-Park agreement
- Conduct a minimum of three work projects or clean-ups annually
Utah State Parks and Recreation will:
- Provide you with a park and safety orientation, including emergency procedures
- Provide trash bags, necessary tools, and any other materials needed for approved projects
- Collect filled trash bags from adopted area
- Install a sign to thank you and recognize your efforts
To learn more about adopting your favorite state park, please contact the park manager of the park you’re interested in, or contact our volunteer coordinator.
Thanks to those who’ve adopted one of our state parks – We appreciate your work and support!