Utah State Parks and Recreation is proud to administer four grant programs:

Land and Water Conservation Fund

Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) is a federally-funded program established to assist government agencies with creation of high-quality, public outdoor recreation facilities. LWCF grants have been used to construct golf courses, swimming pools and parks.

Utah Off-Highway Vehicle Trails Program

Utah Off-highway Vehicle Trails Program is funded from state off-highway vehicle registrations and a small share of the Utah motor fuel tax. This grant program is available to federal agencies, political subdivisions of the state, and organized user groups for construction, improvement, operation, or maintenance of publicly-owned or administered motorized trails and facilities.

Recreational Trails Program

The federally-funded Recreational Trails Program (RTP) has helped with non-motorized and motorized trail development and maintenance, trail educational programs, and trail related environmental protection projects.

Clean Vessel Act Program

Clean Vessel Act Program was established to aid in the construction, renovation, operation, and maintenance of pumpout stations and waste reception facilities for recreational boaters and also for educational programs that inform boaters of the importance of proper disposal of their sewage. 75% of funds for the CVA Program are provided annually from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, with the remaining 25% coming from state boating funds.

If you have additional questions, please contact the appropriate program coordinator.